The story of one overworked, overwhelmed working mom who wants to be a real artist....whatever that means.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

An actual 15 minute day

At lunch today, I researched networking opportunities. The Detroit area has something of an art renaissance going on, and while I don't have a lot of free time for joining in, I've found the following groups that I'm going to look into more:

Image & Arts Council of Troy - they're local to me, but their meetings are on weekday afternoons, which is hard for this working mom to manage.
Handmade Detroit - among other things, they produce several craft fairs each year
Michigan Artisans - They produce several shows and have an online presence as well. I need to get the website more up to date before applying here.

No comments:

Post a Comment